Advantages of a Cyprus Company include:
- The main reason why Cyprus has become a great attraction as a business location is the business-friendly tax system that offers many advantages to companies that are based in the country. The key benefit of a resident corporation is the uniform 12.5% corporate tax rate which is one of lowest in Europe.
- The procedure for registering a company in Cyprus is simple, straightforward and fast and this is an extra advantage of Cyprus compared to other countries. Cyprus company can be incorporated with only one Director and Shareholder in addition and there are no restrictions on foreigners acting as Director or Shareholder.
- Dividends paid to a Cyprus resident company are exempt from corporation tax, whether they are received from a foreign company (subject to certain conditions) or another Cyprus resident company (with certain conditions applying). There is also no withholding tax on dividends that are repatriated to a non-resident shareholder individual or company.
- A Cyprus company can benefit from a network of double taxation treaties with more than 60 countries, including; Canada, Russia, Poland, China, France, India, Ireland, Singapore, South Africa, the UK and the US, further adding to the potential benefits of a Cyprus company formation.
- The Common Law basis of the legal system constitutes a Cyprus company an ideal vehicle for holding and investment purposes.
- Another advantage of registering a company in Cyprus is that the Cypriot law allows investors to retain their anonymity and hold their property under an international trust.
- There is absolute freedom of movement of foreign currency which allows the maintenance of a bank account in foreign currency anywhere in the world.